This timetable is for travel between Days Bay and Queens Wharf.
Travelling with us
- Weather can affect our sailings and we do not update our website with cancellations, please check service alerts on the Metlink website for up to date travel information.
- As our ferries are part of the public transport network, we do not take pre-bookings. Spaces are allocated on a first-come basis - we do our very best to manage capacity and avoid having to leave people behind for the next sailing, however this does happen where needed as we are unable to overfill our ferries.
- If you're travelling from Queens Wharf between 8.30am and 4pm, you'll need to purchase tickets from our ticketing office, located between Portofino and Master Kong.
- If you're travelling from Days Bay, please form an orderly queue from the shelter back down the wharf. All passengers will be ticketed onboard.
- For sailings on weekends and between 10:00am and 4:00pm on weekdays - please be at the wharf 20 mins before the stated departure time. Once boarding commences, we depart when full, which may mean that we go early.
- For commuter sailings, please be at the wharf five minutes before the stated departure time to avoid late running compounding onto the boat's next sailings. In order for the boat to depart on-time, we are required to pull the gangway up one minute before departure.
Click here to see our Fares and FAQ page
Valid from Monday 19 Feb 2024
# - This service only runs on Thursday and Friday evenings.
Weekend / Public Holiday timetable
Valid from 19 Feb 2024
QUEENS WHARF TO DAYS BAY
DAYS BAY TO QUEENS WHARF
- On occasion, we have to partially cancel services due to poor weather or other unexpected circumstances.
- If the weather is severe, we cancel all services.
- Partial or full cancellations are posted as a service alert via the Metlink app - download the app, and turn notifications on in the app for the ferry service.
- Service alerts can also be found on the Metlink website
- We endeavour to provide reasonable notice for partial or full cancellations - but due to Wellington's changeable weather, this is not always possible.