There are some changes to the Covid Protection framework from 26th March 2022. We are continuing to run our full standard timetable.
Please read the below before travelling with us:
- Do not travel with us if you are feeling at all unwell or are waiting for a covid test result.
- Vaccine certificates are not required to travel on our timetabled services or on our private onboard functions.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory for people aged 12 years and over, and these must be worn while boarding and in the main cabin, in our ticket office, and while waiting to board/disembark. As the top deck on our vessels is an outdoor space, you have the choice to wear a mask or not whilst on the top deck. Please bring your own mask or face covering with you.
- There is no physical distancing required on our ferries, however please adhere to standard physical distancing guidance while waiting at the wharf.
- We will still be collecting fares; please use contactless payment where possible. Cash and regular EFTPOS services will be available if needed.
- We have QR codes in multiple places on our vessels. These are no longer required, but continue to be available for your own use if desired.
- Hand sanitiser is available onboard.
- If you bring a bike or luggage onboard, you need to be able to carry this on and off the boat without assistance from our crew.
- We are continuing our cleaning practices with guidance from Greater Wellington Regional Council and the Ministry of Health.
Travelling to Matiu/Somes Island:
- As of 26th December 2021, DOC introduced capacity limits for those travelling to Matiu/Somes Island. This is limited to 30 people per arrival to the island.
- We will be operating on a first come, first served basis so you are unable to book in advance. We do recommend you arrive at the wharf early to purchase tickets.
- If you have a group of over 30 people, please contact the office and we will try our best to accomodate your group.
Thank you to everyone for helping us to keep our passengers and staff safe.
We will continue to update everyone as required.