Wellington will be in the Red level of the new Covid Protection framework from 24th January; we will still be running to our full standard timetable.
Please read the below before travelling with us:
- Do not travel with us if you are feeling at all unwell or are waiting for a covid test result.
- Vaccine certificates are not required to travel on our timetabled services but are required on our private onboard functions.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory for people aged 12 years and over, and these must be worn while on board, in the ticket office, and while waiting to board/disembark. Please bring your own face covering with you.
- There is no physical distancing required on our ferries, however please adhere to standard physical distancing guidance while waiting at the wharf.
- We will still be collecting fares; please use contactless payment where possible. Cash and regular EFTPOS services will be available if needed.
- Our bar will be closed at this stage.
- Contact tracing is required in accordance with government guidelines. We have QR codes in multiple places on our vessels. Please use these when travelling on our services as it will be useful if contact tracing is needed in the region. If you do not have the app, please keep your own record of travel times with us.
- Good hand hygiene remains essential, please wash or sanitise your hands as soon as you can before, during and after travel. Sanitiser is available onboard.
- We ask that passengers who require extra assistance boarding and disembarking when travelling on our ferries please avoid travelling with us during this time or travel with those that can provide this assistance.
- If you bring a bike or luggage onboard, you need to be able to carry this on and off the boat without assistance from our crew.
- We are continuing our cleaning practices with guidance from Greater Wellington Regional Council and the Ministry of Health.
Travelling to Matiu/Somes Island:
As of 26th December 2021, DOC will be introducing capacity limits for those travelling to Matiu/Somes Island. This will be limited to 30 people per arrival to the island.
We will be operating on a first come, first served basis so you are unable to book in advance. We do recommend you arrive at the wharf early to purchase tickets.
If you have a group of over 30 people, please contact the office and we will try our best to accomodate your group.
Thank you to everyone for helping us to keep our passengers and staff safe.
We will continue to update everyone as required.