The Government has placed the Wellington region into Alert Level 2 as of 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August.
We will be operating to our standard timetable, however please read the below before travelling with us:
Travelling with us during alert level 2:
- From Monday 31 August the wearing of facemasks / face coverings will be mandatory on board our ferries.
- If you are at all unwell please do not travel on our services.
- We will still be collecting fares; please use contactless payment where possible. Cash and EFTPOS services will be available if needed. Our bar will remain open for purchases of drinks, snacks and newspapers.
- Good hand hygiene remains essential, please wash or sanitise their hands as soon as you can during, before or after travel.
- We are continuing our cleaning practices with guidance from Greater Wellington Regional Council and the Ministry of Health.
From Tuesday 15th September, physical distancing is no longer required on our services so we no longer have limited capacities.
Travelling to Matiu/Somes Island:
- From 31 August, please keep your facemasks on while going through the bio-security process in the Whare Kiore.
- For contact tracing purposes, please scan one of the islands QR codes upon arrival.
We have now put QR codes in multiple places on our vessels. Please use these when travelling on our services as it will be useful if contact tracing is needed in the region.