Wellington is currently in Alert level 2; we will be running to our full timetable with the below limitations:
Travel to Matiu/Somes Island
Due to the current restrictions at “Delta level 2”, there are significant capacity limitations for those travelling to the island on each sailing (usually 30 but sometimes 15). We are managing this by requiring you pre-book tickets to the island before travelling with us. There are no capacity restrictions for travelling between Queens Wharf and Days Bay. Please check below for full travel information during this level.
If you're booking for travel within 24 hours please call 044991282 to check availability (leave a message if out of office hours.
Contact number for booking / payment:
Children (5 – 15 or older with valid high school ID):
Under 5 year olds:
Departure point (Queens Wharf or Days Bay):
Someone will Please note refunds will be provided for bookings cancelled due to weather or restrictions on travel due to Covid. Allow up to 2 business days for refund to be processed.
Please read the below before travelling with us:
- Do not travel with us if you are feeling at all unwell or are waiting for a covid test result.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory for people aged 12 years and over. Please bring your own face covering onboard with you.
- There is no physical distancing required on our ferries, however please adhere to standard physical distancing guidance while waiting at the wharf.
- No standing will be allowed on services so all passengers must be seated for the duration of the trip.
- We will still be collecting fares; please use contactless payment where possible. Cash and regular EFTPOS services will be available if needed.
- Our bar will be closed at this stage.
- Contact tracing is required in accordance with government guidelines. We have QR codes in multiple places on our vessels. Please use these when travelling on our services as it will be useful if contact tracing is needed in the region. If you do not have the app, please keep your own record of travel times with us.
- Good hand hygiene remains essential, please wash or sanitise your hands as soon as you can before, during and after travel. Sanitiser is available onboard.
- We ask that passengers who require extra assistance boarding and disembarking when travelling on our ferries please avoid travelling with us during this time or travel with those that can provide this assistance.
- If you bring a bike or luggage onboard, you need to be able to carry this on and off the boat without assistance from our crew.
- We are continuing our cleaning practices with guidance from Greater Wellington Regional Council and the Ministry of Health.
Thank you to everyone for helping us to keep our passengers and staff safe.
We will continue to update everyone as required.