Restricted timetable running from Friday 8th March - Sunday 17th March due to scheduled maintenance.
One of our ferries will be coming out of the water for important scheduled maintenance and repairs on Friday 8th March.
We will be therefore be operating to the below restricted timetable from Friday 8th March – Sunday 17th March inclusive:
Weekday departing Queens Wharf: AM: 6.20, 7.15, 8.20, 10, PM: 12, 2.05, 4.30, 5.30, 6.30
Weekday departing Days Bay: AM: 6.50, 7.45, 8.45, 10.40, PM: 12.45, 3.15, 4.55, 6, 6.55
This also means there will be no sailings in or out of Seatoun for this period.
The Weekend timetable will be running as usual but there will be no Harbour Explorer.
Our full timetable will resume Monday 18th March.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Avoid the traffic and use East by West Ferry to transport you to and from work or school.
Ticket types for commuters:
- Monthly passes: Adult and Tertiary Student passes available. These run for 30 consecutive days from the date of purchase.
- 10-trip tickets: Adult, tertiary student and child tickets available. These do not have an expiry date and can be used for up to two people at a time.
- All tickets can be purchased on board the ferry with Cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card. Check out our Timetable and Fares page for full fare information.
Due to weather or other unexpected issues, we do cancel one or both ferries from time to time.
On occasion we need to go to a restricted timetable, if the conditions are too rough for our smaller vessel. Usual restricted timetable below (subject to change):
- Departing Queens Wharf: 6.20am, 7.15am, 8.20am, 10am, 12pm, 2.05pm, 4.30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm
- Departing Days Bay Wharf: 6.50am, 7.45am, 8.45am, 10.40am, 12.45pm, 3.15pm, 4.55pm, 6pm, 6.55pm
- When we are on restricted sailings we do not call into Seatoun at all.
If we go to a full cancellation because of weather conditions, replacement mini vans will operate to the below timetable:
- Depart Days Bay Wharf: 6.50am, 7.45am, 8.45am.
- Depart Queens Wharf (outside Mojo café): 4.30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm.
- There are also replacement shuttle vans for Wellesley Students (departing Queens Wharf at 8.20am and Days Bay at 3.15pm).
We offer a free text service for commuters through Metlink. This service sends out text messages if there are any cancellations to our services. If you travel to or from Days Bay you can sign up to this through Metlink. If you travel to and from Seatuon or have a child at Wellesley College, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the relevant database.
We only send out commuter text messages during peak travel times (between 6am - 9.30am and 3.30pm - 8pm) Monday - Friday. For cancellations at all other times, please call our daily status line, 04 494 3339.
If you would like to receive emails from time to time with news about the ferries and anything else we think you may like to know, you can email email@example.com and just let us know you would like to be added to our newsletter list. You can also subscribing directly by using the subscribe form on this page.